BKS Media Center
The Various Mind and Body Benefits of Yoga for Children
The benefits of yoga for adults are known far and wide, which is what encourages so many individuals to practice the technique; however, it has a lot of positive effects on children as well. Physicians often suggest that pre-teens or younger kids engage in the practice of yoga owing to health benefits that can be derived. Several of the principles of yoga do wonders for youngsters aiding in their growth and development.
1. Yoga uses a lot of breathing aspects that aid in helping children sleep as well as reduce anxiety. It is renowned for its help with patients of asthma too for it helps them control their breathing and make it stronger.
2. Kids suffering from many kinds of post-traumatic stress disorders have known to benefit it, because it calms their minds along with strengthening their core and limbs.
3. Special needs children especially young kids with autism can better function with regular practice of yoga. It helps them by stretching muscles, tendons, and connective tissues to perform better so they reach their highest capacity.
4. Pre-teens can learn lots of techniques through the use of skill influencing strength and expanding their physical capacity.
5. It can amp up your kid’s flexibility allowing them to perform better in sports; while protecting their joints and muscles from damage. It works as support and pain management as well during various procedures.
Kid’s classes usually include various themes used to teach practical concepts that help them in establishing balance and propagate self-awareness in a fun environment. A skilled practitioner will help your ward take the lessons right off the mat and implement them in home and school life.